Diploma in Global Logistics and Supply Chain Management (Mandarin)
The Part-Time Diploma in Global Logistics and Supply Chain Management has been developed to provide a qualification for students aiming to embark on a career in one of wide range of business/industries, and for students who are seeking to further their education in the fields associated with LSCM (Logistics and Supply Chain Management). One important feature of this programme is that it has been designed for students whose first language is Chinese, or who have proof of proficiency in the language.
Supply chain management has been defined as the "design, planning, execution, control, and monitoring of supply chain activities with the objective of creating net value, building a competitive infrastructure, leveraging worldwide logistics, synchronising supply with demand and measuring performance globally."
In today’s workplace context, whether it is a manufacturing or service sector, understanding LSCM is a main component of success in today’s business world. In order to run a business of any size effectively and smoothly, it is fundamental to gain knowledge managing businesses and its operations. This programme provides students an opportunity to develop knowledge and understanding of:
- The reasons behind the need to acquire the knowledge and how the knowledge meets the modern business world’s needs
- Modules such as Procurement, Warehousing and Inventory Management are inter-disciplinary units to help gain more holistic understanding of LSCM
- Local and international business trends and issues, and their social, economic and environmental impact on logistics, customer service management
- The major function areas or sectors within the business industry and the career opportunities available
The aim of Part-Time Diploma in Global Logistics and Supply Chain Management is to provide students an in-depth understanding, the theories of Global Logistics and Supply Chain Management subjects relevant to various industries in the commercial/business context. The course focuses on developing the business and operational knowledge to equip the students the basic operational skills and competence in the sense focus on Global Logistics and Supply Chain Management.
At the end of this programme, students are expected to develop a range of specific and generic skills, covering the following fields:
- Procurement Management
- Warehouse and Materials Handling System
- Inventory Management
- Issues of Global Logistics
- Incoterm 2010
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
For adult learners who are working in Singapore and who would like to pursue/upgrade their knowledge and equip themselves with a renounced academic qualification that adding value to them and their organizations.
For Singaporean, permanent residences, work permit holders or employment pass holders who are 18 years old or above may apply.
Students must take and successfully complete all six modules to be awarded the LSBF Diploma in Global Logistics and Supply Chain Management (Mandarin). Students must complete all modules, students who fail to do so will be given a statement of results.
Students must achieve an overall passing grade of 40%. If students fail to achieve an overall passing grade, they will be permitted to retake based on the directions given by the examination board.
The assessment of each module consists of:
- Individual assignment or class test: 30%
- Examination: 70%
Students must complete and pass all required modules in this course.
Students who are for any reason unable to complete the Diploma and who have successfully passed a minimum of 4 modules are eligible for an Exit Award of a Certificate in Logistics and Supply Chain Management (Mandarin).
Find out more about the modules here.
- Procurement Management
- Principles of Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Demand Management and Customer Service
- Warehouse and Material Handling System
- Inventory Management
- Global Logistics and Incoterms 2010
- Learning Hours: Each module 30 contact hours. Total learning hours: 6 x 30 hours = 180 hours
- No. of modules: 6
- No. of days per week: 2 days
- No. of hours per day: 3 hours
Lectures, case studies and exercises, class discussion, presentations
1 Teacher: 60 Students
STP holders: 90%
Non-STP holders: 75%
The entry requirements for this programme are:
- Aged 18 years old and above
- At least 11 years of education, or
- Have completed 2nd years of High School/vocational middle school, or
- Have completed and obtained the Certificate/foundation course or equivalent
- Language Proficiency in Chinese equivalent to Year 11
- Completed at least 9 years of education with 5 years related work experience
Request More Information
Contact a programme advisor by calling
+65 6580 7700