Diploma in Applied Hospitality Skills (Mandarin)
The Diploma in Applied Hospitality Skills is developed by London School of Business and Finance (LSBF) as a programme for students who are seeking a qualification that will enable them to enter into the Hospitality Industry.
- Duration: 8 months + 6 months IA* (full time)
- Intake dates: Start every 5 weeks
- Delivery Mode:
- Live Online
- Fees: SGD $6,000 (local students), SGD $7,500 (international students)
The programme is designed to provide the basic knowledge and understanding of key aspects of the hospitality industry, while also being able to provide a practice based environment which will allow students to develop the basic practical skills required by the industry. Students will be fully supported throughout the programme, with formative assessments proving feedback of their progress. Student performance and satisfaction is monitored to ensure that the course meets students’ academic and personal development needs; and industry contacts ensure that the programme is relevant and suitable for the demands of a career in hospitality management.
- To develop professional skills required by the hospitality industry.
- To understand the importance of customer service in the hospitality industry.
- To understand key food hygiene and health and safety aspects of the industry.
- To provide a platform for lifelong learning.
Lectures, case studies and exercises, class discussion, role play, practical sessions.
Front Office Service
This module equip students with the knowledge and skills required for handling guest arrivals and departure. They will also be able to understand the importance of using correct communication when interacting with guests.
Food and Beverage Service
This module equip students with the knowledge, skills and competence to offer service in a hotel or restaurant. Develop the relevant knowledge, skills and competence to perform effectively in a restaurant environment under direction and with limited authority in familiar situations.
The housekeeping department is integral to the effective running of any hotel and the organisation’s success and customer satisfaction. This module will develop learners understanding of the correct methods and techniques to use when cleaning, servicing and maintain guest rooms.
Customer Service Skills
Customer service is at the heart of a successful business. The hospitality sector relies on excellent customer service to keep customers satisfied and returning to them. This module provides students with an introduction to customer service in the hospitality and tourism industry.
Food Sanitation, Health and Safety
This module equips students with the knowledge of food safety and well as general health and safety issues. Students will gain an understanding of the importance of good personal hygiene and how this helps reduce the risk of food related illness and food poisoning.
The aim of this module is to provide students with an understanding of the nature of hospitality and hospitality products from both local and international perspectives. It will ensure students acquire a holistic understanding the travel and hospitality industry, including the impacts of hospitality on destination economies, communities and fragile environments. Students will be expected to take a critical perspective on the effects of hospitality on their own country, and how hospitality can have a strategic developmental function.
International Students: 90%
Local, PR, non-student pass: 75%
1 : 100
Students must take and successfully complete all five modules and the Industrial Attachment to be awarded the LSBF Diploma in International Hospitality Management. Students must achieve an overall passing grade of 40%. If students fail to achieve an overall passing grade, they will be permitted to retake based on the directions given by the examination board.
Assessment format for all Module except for Food Sanitation, Health and Safety:
|Assessment Percentage||Assessment Component||Remarks|
|70%||Demonstration/Role play- Competency Based||
Skills Demonstration/Role Play
Used to assess a wide range of practical based learning outcomes including practical skills and knowledge. A skills demonstration will require the learner to complete a task or series of tasks that demonstrate a range of skills.
|30%||Written Exam -MCQ||1.5 hrs exam in an exam hall|
Food Sanitation, Health and Safety which will be assessed as follows:
|Assessment Percentage||Assessment Component||Remarks|
|50%||Class Test||Presentations/Test/Class Activities|
|50%||Written Exam - MCQ||1.5 hrs exam in an exam hall|
Total Weightage of Assessment 100%
- Pass all modules and complete IA.
Where students are unable to complete the course they may be given the option of an Exit Award if the meet the following criteria:
In such cases, the student will be awarded with the following:
Certificate in Applied Hospitality Skills
Minimum age: 18 years
Academic entry requirements:
- Four ‘GCE O’ levels (min C6) or equivalent, or
- Three ‘O’ levels and 1 ‘A’ level, or
- Completion of the equivalent of Year 10, or
- Completion of appropriate Foundation/Certificate programme, or
- Mature Entry Route (MER) minimum age of 21
Minimum Language Entry Requirement
- Chinese: GCE ‘O’ level Chinese min D7, or equivalent qualification i.e Year 10 Chinese language qualification.
- Understand the importance and role of a hospitality industry during the actual work experience
- Understand how to overcome issues and problems faced by the industry on a day to day basis
- Know about the standard practices and general laws of the industry and how they impact the business
- Demonstrate and establish interest in the activities and task given by applying the knowledge and skills learnt in school
- Understand how every individual can take personal responsibility to reach the objective of the organisation
Request More Information
Contact a programme advisor by calling
+65 6580 7700