Diploma in Business Administration (Mandarin)
The Diploma in Business Administration has been developed to provide a qualification for students aiming to embark on a career in one of wide range of business/industries, and for students who are seeking to further their education in the fields associated with Management. One important feature of this programme is that it has been designed for students whose first language is Chinese, or who have proof of proficiency in the language.
- Duration: 9 months (part-time)
- Intake dates: Start every six weeks
- Delivery Mode:
- Live Online
- Fees: SGD $6,000 (local students, part-time and full-time) / SGD $8,000 (international students) (Prices inclusive of GST)
The primary objective of the course is to enable students to have an in-depth understanding through theoretical studies of business subjects relevant to various industries in the commercial environment. The course is focused in developing business and operational knowledge to prepare students to have basic operational skills in Business Administration. The Diploma in Business Administration aims to provide students with:
- The ability to present, evaluate and interpret qualitative and quantitative data.
- The ability to develop lines of argument and make sound judgements in accordance with basic theories and concepts of their subject area, and the ability to communicate these accurately to a range of peers.
- A range of personal and professional skills that can be used in a wide range of situations and contexts.
- Support and guidance to develop as independent learners and acquire a range of transferrable skills.
At the end of this programme, students are expected to develop a range of specific and generic skills, covering the following fields:
- Customer Service
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
Working adults who would like to explore the study of the management of Business world in part-time study basis.
Find out more about the modules here.
- The Principles of Management
- The Theories of International Trade & Practice
- Business Accounting
- Business Economics
- Customer Service Management
- Marketing Management
Face to face delivery using a wide-range of teaching modes such as lectures, tutorials, simulations, role-plays, etc.
- No. of Modules: 6
- Learning hours: Each module 30 contact hours
- Total learning hours: 6 x 30 hours = 180 hours
Students must take and successfully complete all modules to be awarded the LSBF Diploma in Business Administration (Mandarin). Students must complete all modules, students who fail to do so will be given a statement of results.
Students must achieve an overall passing grade of 40%. If students fail to achieve an overall passing grade, they will be permitted to retake based on the directions given by the examination board.
The assessment of each module consists of:
- Individual assignment or class test: 20%
- Class participation: 15%
- Class presentation or class test: 15%
- Examination: 50% (2 hours)
Quantitative Methods assessment consists of:
- Assignment / Class test: 50%
- Examination: 50% (3 hours)
Graduation and Awards
Students must complete and pass all required modules in this course to receive a Diploma in Business Administration (Mandarin).
Students who are for any reason unable to complete the Diploma and who have successfully passed a minimum of 4 modules are eligible for an Exit Award of a Certificate in Business (Mandarin).
Lectures, case studies and exercises, class discussion, presentations.
STP holders: 90%
Non-STP holders: 75%
The entry requirements for this programme are:
- Ages 18 years old and above and
- Proven evidence of having completed at least 11 years of education or
- Min. 2 years study in any vocational high school with proven evidence or
- Completed certificate course (or Foundation courses) with proven evidence or
- Completed at least 9 years of education & with 5 years related working experience
- Language Proficiency in Chinese equivalent to Year 11
Request More Information
Contact a programme advisor by calling
+65 6580 7700