The Ultimate Guide for Logistics and Supply Chain Management Course
- 29th July 2022
Supply chain management is a complex system of technologies, information, processes and professionals who work together to facilitate the production and distribution of goods and services to consumers. Supply chain management and logistics have acquired dominance and grown to become a commonly used buzzword within the e-commerce industry, especially during the pandemic.
If you are looking to join a leading company and enjoy a high level of job satisfaction, then undergoing a logistics and supply chain management course in Singapore can help you land a lucrative career with a soaring pay structure. The goal of logistics and supply chain management jobs is to streamline business activities to ensure cost-effectiveness and optimal efficiency from start to finish.
It is important to understand the reasons to pursue a logistics and supply chain management course in Singapore and the key skills that you can acquire throughout the course curriculum. In addition to this, students should be aware of some of the most popular job profiles available on the supply chain management international platform.
Why Study Logistics and Supply Chain Management Courses?
A career in supply chain management offers significant room for growth and specialising in the logistics and supply chain management academic discipline can lead to the advancement of your career and help you break into the field in no time.
According to a recent study published on Deloitte Insights, 2022 is considered the best time to kick-start or transition into supply chain management and logistics careers. With more and more business ventures adopting digital supply chains to keep up with the rising interconnectivity, studying a logistics and supply chain management course is a gateway to prepare to thrive in today's uncertain business era.
Why Choose a Career in Logistics and Supply Chain Management?
Logistics and supply chain management careers can offer a wide range of specialisation areas to choose from and allows you to diversify your skill-set by committing to a job profile that fits your strengths and interests. Let’s look at how earning a diploma in logistics and supply chain management in Singapore can help you take a seat on the frontline of the entire process of sourcing, planning, producing and transporting products to consumers worldwide.
- Future-proofing your professional journey – Learning about supply chain and logistics from Singapore will allow you to develop strong analytical and technical skills that can be directly applied to restructure and digitalise operations. You will also gain expertise in re-strategising and supply chain management processes.
- Competitive pay scale – Pursuing logistics and supply chain management jobs will help you obtain salaries that have been steadily climbing despite any ongoing recession or pandemic. You can also expect to receive additional bonuses on top of your base salary depending on your industry experience.
- High level of job satisfaction – The career satisfaction rates among logistics and supply chain management professionals are quite high compared to other job roles within companies. This can help you feel optimistic about your career path and leads to good chances for promotion.
How to Start a Career in Supply Chain Management?
Completing a diploma in logistics and supply chain management is the best way to position yourself for a role in this growing business sector. Adding an advanced diploma in logistics and supply chain management can help you land jobs in business administration, information management, accounting, marketing or engineering.
Here are some tips to help you get there.
Gain Supply Chain Expertise
Undergoing a professional logistics and supply chain management course from Singapore will help you gain a deeper understanding of how supply chains interact, the different modes of conducting supply chain modelling and analysis and design a wide area of supply chain networks.
Obtain Relevant Work Experience
Completing a logistics and supply chain management diploma will allow you to build crucial professional connections and strengthen your resume which can help you lay the foundation for a successful career.
Reskill and Upskill in Key Areas
Taking an online certification programme in logistics and supply chain management offered in Singapore can help you develop transferable business skills such as project management and data analysis, which are vital for tomorrow’s supply chain management leaders to possess.
Logistics and Supply Chain Management Careers
Logistics and supply chain management jobs typically focus on the transportation and distribution of goods and generally demand the highest level of expertise from employees. So, what career paths can you explore within supply chain management?
- Forecasting / Industry Analyst - these professionals are required to maintain databases by organising and compiling logistics information.
- Operations Manager - this managerial role deals with the identification of areas that need process improvement or cost reduction and measures productivity.
- Warehousing Manager - the primary job responsibility of this profile is to develop and implement security activities and programmes to strengthen warehouse safety, as well as engage the distribution and storing of materials.
- Transportation Director - these experts are accountable for identifying and rectifying issues related to shipments and monitoring shipments in real-time.
- Supply Chain Consultants - these professionals help coordinate supply chain efforts with other departments and determine the effect of supply chain activities on the client base.
Benefits of Logistics and Supply Chain Management Courses
Logistics and supply chain management diploma programmes can help you become an expert at successfully managing information across a supply chain company and demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the dynamics of material flow.
Tap into the various opportunities offered by this growing sector by enrolling on the Higher Diploma in Logistics and Supply Chain Management offered by the London School of Business and Finance Singapore (LSBF SG) today.
This article was written by Deblina Dam and edited by Olly Cox.
Throughout the programme, you will develop your understanding of global strategy, international marketing, sustainability and international entrepreneurship.
This MA programme will help you understand about international business strategy whilst developing your leadership, problem-solving and collaboration skills.
Focus on economics, business and business statistics in the postgraduate diploma to excel in your career or even progress onto an MBA programme.
Recommended Blogs for You
Human Resource Management lays the groundwork for an organisation’s growth, longevity and success.…
Request More Information
Contact a programme advisor by calling
+65 6580 7700