HR for Non-HR Managers
As a manager or supervisor today, you are expected to deal with certain aspects of human resource management. You may be asked to take part in developing job descriptions, take part in interviews, or take responsibility for discipline.
- Duration: 2 days, 10am-5pm (12 hours)
- Delivery Mode:
- Live Online
- On campus (please note our campus is currently closed due to Covid-19)
- Fees: SGD $856
Any manager, supervisor directly managing a team and who need or want to play an active role in relevant HR processes.
Hand-outs and recommended text.
A certificate of attendance will be issued to participants who have attended and completed the programme.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Identify current issues in the human resource field and the changing role of supervisors and managers in terms of HR functions
- Write job specifications and identify core competencies
- Apply methods of finding, selecting, and keeping the best people using behavioral description interviewing techniques
- Get new employees off to a good start
- Understand compensation and benefits
- Maintain healthy employee relations
- Make performance appraisals a cooperative process
- Defining Human Resources
- Performing a Skills Inventory
- Forecasting Techniques
- Job Analysis, Identifying Competencies
- Position Profiles and Job Descriptions
- Do You Really Need to Hire?
- Finding Candidates
- Screening Resumes
- Preparing & Conducting the Interview
- Employee Orientation and Onboarding
- Planning Training
- Performance Reviews
- Managing a Diverse Workforce
- Compensation and Benefits
- Managing Disciplinary Issues & Terminating Employees
Request More Information
Contact a programme advisor by calling
+65 6580 7700