Basic Project Management
The basic Project management programme is a hands-on workshop design for participants with zero or little knowledge in handling project management.
It covers an overview of the workflow on project management starting from setting project goals and objectives, building, and managing resources for a project plan to meet deadlines and closing the project.
- Start Date: 27 September 2023
- Duration: 1 day, 9.30am-4.30pm
- Delivery Mode:
- On campus (Face-to-face training)
S$626.40* (Incl. of 8% GST)
Professionals who are new to project management or currently working in a project-oriented role looking to enhance their knowledge to run projects more effectively.
This program will be delivered via conceptual briefing using written and visual aids. Participants will be provided the opportunity to work with a simple opening case and actual job projects to apply the project management tools and techniques.
Time will be allocated to practise the use of the tools and techniques on actual job situations. The workshop leader will facilitate group discussions and feedback on the application of project processes and techniques on the cases, actual job situations and related exercises. Participants should be able to complete a project plan at the end of the program.
- Use the relevant background information to put together overall project goal and specific goals
- Develop a project plan and use it to coordinate project support
- Use the project tools such as the Gantt Chart, Issue Resolution Worksheet, to monitor project implementation and deal with changes and issues requiring resolution
- Use meeting management techniques to enable effective meeting
- Do a proper project closeout to enable a transition to the next phase
Upon successful completion of the Programme, participants will be awarded a verified digital certificate by London School of Business and Finance, Executive Education.
Introductions, Program Overview, Objectives & Agenda
Why Project fail
Definitions: Project and Project Management
Project Management framework: Planning and Implementation
Setting Overall Project Goal and Specific Goals, Work-breakdown Structure and Resource Scheduling
Effective Project Management meetings
Monitoring & Control: Reporting Project Status and Responding to Project Changes
Project Debriefing and Close-out
Course Closure and Evaluation
Request More Information
Contact a programme advisor by calling
+65 6580 7700