Diploma in Information Technology
The Diploma in Information Technology (DIT) further builds upon the skillsets of the Foundation Diploma in Infocomm Technology and can be taken on its own where entry requirements are met. It prepares one for a career in IT across a wide spectrum of industries and is suitable for those who wish to upskill themselves in the workplace, or as a progression pathway to higher education.
Upon completion of the DIT, students will have the skillsets and requisite base knowledge to progress to the Higher Diploma in Computer Science and may progress to degree programmes at the various UK, US, or Australian Universities and may be eligible to gain advanced standings for certain course selections. Students are encouraged to bring their own laptop for practicing laboratory practical exercises.
- Duration: 8 months (full-time), 12 months (part-time)
- Intake dates: Start in January, March, May, July, September, November (full-time); January, April, July, October (part-time)
- Delivery Mode:
- Live Online
- On campus
- Fees: SGD $5,550 (local students) / SGD $7,500 (international students)
The Diploma in Information Technology (DIT) aims to achieve an international standard of high-quality training that will lead to a universally recognised qualification, enabling graduates to pursue undergraduate programmes at top universities. The course also aims to equip students with technical skills and competencies to develop applications based on design specifications; encompassing coding, testing, debugging, documenting, and reviewing and/or refining it across the application development stages in accordance with defined standards for development and security. The technical skill includes the analysis and possibly the reuse, improvement, reconfiguration, addition, or integration of existing and/or new application components.
The DIT course aims to provide students with the ability to:
- Design and be able to implement high quality and robust software products with secure features, run routine application tests, and conduct debugging to resolve errors
- Professionally analyse and design information systems
- Demonstrate effective inter-personal skills when working in groups or leading teams
- Professionally communicate and present proposals, findings and results
- Pursue higher level studies at universities
Graduates of the Diploma in Information Technology should be able to understand and apply, within the employment context, basic theories, and concepts.
Upon successful completion of this DIT programme, students should be able to:
- Analyse user requirements and design solutions both efficiently and effectively
- Elaborate and propose information systems that meet user requirements and demands
- Propose, evaluate, and implement computerised solutions to meet varying levels of user requirements
- Develop applications in line with design specifications, utilising a range of tools, methodologies, programming, and externally developed codes
- Review recommendations to improve the overall functionality, usability, and security of applications against cost, efficiency, and viability considerations
- Possess effective communication, teamwork, and leadership skills
- Present proposals and recommendations in a professional and efficient manner
International Students: 90%
Local, PR, non-student pass: 75%
Assessment methods may vary according to individual module requirements and each module is assessed by:
- Continuous Assessment, Formative and Summative Assessments
- Any combination of class participation, group or individual applied assignments, tests or online quizzes, portfolio, practical examinations, and written examinations
- Students may advance to attempt the AWS Certification examination and will be awarded a certificate meeting the AWS Educate Certification examination requirement.
40:1 for Lecture/classroom/Seminar
24:1 for Computer Lab
a. Minimum Academic Entry Requirement
Local students shall possess one of the following:
- Two passes in GCE ‘A’ Level Examinations
- International Baccalaureate (24 points)
- Local Polytechnic Diploma in any field
International Students shall possess one of the following:
- Completion of Year 12 High School Qualification or equivalent qualification from respective home countries
- Completed International Baccalaureate (24 points)
- Equivalent Local Polytechnic Diploma in any field in respective home countries
b. Minimum English Language Entry Requirement
Both local and international students must fulfill the minimum English language entry requirement of one of the following:
- Achieved grade C6 or better in the English language in ‘O’ level
- Passed in the English Language in Year 10 High School qualification or equivalent
- Achieved IELTS 5.0/TOEFL 500
- Completed LSBF Preparatory Course in English Upper Intermediate Level
- Successfully passed the LSBF English Placement Test
Students with non-standard entry requirements will be assessed on a case-by-case basis subject to approval of the Academic Board.
c. Minimum Age
18 years or above
Information Systems Modelling & Design
This module develops the skills and techniques required for creatingExpand
Maths for Computing
This module introduces the basic concept of quantitative approachesExpand
This module provides students with technical skills, communicationExpand
Computer Systems & Networks
This module focuses on fundamental computer architecture,Expand
an overall plan for the design of software, design of functional specifications based on user and business requirements incorporating various controls, functionality, and interoperability of different elements into designing an information system, modelling which describes the overall architecture in software, databases, hardware, and third-party frameworks that the software will use or interact with. It also covers some of the key legal, social, ethical, and professional issues relating to the information systems development.
to computing mathematics. This module will help students to attain essential knowledge in mathematical concepts and skills that are required for the study and application of computer science.
skills, to develop applications by coding, testing, debugging, documenting, and reviewing in accordance with object-oriented programming standards for development and security. The module focuses on programming fundamentals such as introduction to computers and object-oriented programming, basic computation, variables, control structures, arrays, and the procedural programming methodology. It then progresses to introduce the object-oriented programming concepts of objects, classes, and inheritance.
network fundamentals, protocols, and models. This module introduces the categories of the network functions, evaluate, and justify networks, and device performance using the OSI model and the most widely used TCP/IP protocol suite.
This module provides students with practical skills to examine,Expand
This module provides students with a detailed and essentialExpand
This module introduces students to design security architecturesExpand
This module introduces students to the fundamental conceptsExpand
translate complex software ideas and concepts into a web application and establish key design principles and methodologies. Students can select and use appropriate tools and techniques with which to design, build, implement, and test a web application. This module also provides opportunity to gain work skills to be able to provide professional documentation for the web pages produced.
foundation in cloud computing. Cloud computing is the up and rising technology that will be considered critical in today’s business world. This introductory module to cloud computing describes and explains fundamental aspects of cloud computing concepts, models, technologies and applications.
and controls; either introducing security principles into the design of architectures to mitigate the risks posed by new technologies and business practices, or the actual design and specification of applicable security components, along with the incidental control measures, to meet defined business security needs.
Request More Information
Contact a programme advisor by calling
+65 6580 7700