Finance & Accounting for Banking & Finance Professionals
For any progressive banks, the ability of its relevant personnel, such as those in relationship management, risks, credit, and lending, to understand accounting principles and interpret financial statements is critical for them to contribute effectively and create value for its stakeholders and be a leading banking service provider in its operating markets.
LSBF Executive Development in Singapore is a global partner of the London Institute of Banking & Finance. And supported by the corporate training arm of LSBF UK and Global University Systems (our group HQ), LSBF leverages on our wide international network of strategic partners to offer the best-in-class training programmes and solutions with a global outlook for banks and financial institution in Singapore and the region.
The “Finance and Accounting for Banking & Finance Professionals” course aims to equip participants with practical knowledge of the subject matter to enable them to effectively include finance and accounting considerations in their respective functional roles.
Banking & finance professionals, particularly those in relationship management, risks, credit and lending; anyone who want to enhance their finance and accounting capability within their functional roles.
- Delivered using predominately active learning activities with short presentations on key concepts
- The learning activities may include role-plays, group discussions and case studies to allow learners to relate key learning points
- The activities allow the facilitator to assess the progress of the learners during the course and introduce targeted or remedial knowledge and activities if necessary
Each participant will be presented an electronic certificate on completion of the course.
- Discuss the general accepted accounting practices and accounting cycle as well as budgeting control investment appraisal and risk management
- Summarise how key financial statements, namely balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement are prepared and how they relate and impact each other
- Calculate common ratios for analysing the financial strength of a company
- Interpret and harness pertinent data and information from financial statements and reports in their decision making
- Discuss issues of short and long term financing, and working capital management
Roles of Finance and Accounting
Key Financial Reports / Financial Analysis
Financing and Working Capital
Best Practices in Budgeting Process
Corporate Governance and Risk Management
Request More Information
Contact a programme advisor by calling
+65 6580 7700