Admission Process for International Students
International Students - refer to foreigners - who wish to pursue a full-time study in Singapore with London School of Business & Finance (LSBF). You are required to apply for a Student Pass with the Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA).
International students may submit your inquiry to email@example.com or contact LSBF recruitment agents at your home country.
International Students will go through pre-counseling with the Education Consultants / Business Development Managers / LSBF's approved Recruitment Agents who will explain the Programme details, Fee Protection Scheme, Refund Policy, Appeal procedures and other important information.
International Students are required to submit the documents below for evaluation:
- A duly completed Application Form
- Certified copies of ALL academic qualifications and transcripts (From Secondary School / High School onwards / equivalent)
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Clear copy of student’s valid travel document (First page and Last page of Passport)
- Certified clear copy of birth certificate
- Copy Malaysian ID card (if applicable)
- A duly completed ICA student pass application forms: Form 16 and Form V36
- Recent passport-sized photograph (white background)
- Student enrolling for Professional Courses, a proof of relevant membership may be required.
- Payment of Application Fee
All documents submitted needs to be in English language. Please provide the original non-translated and translated documents during submission.
*All students who do not meet the minimum requirement for their English proficiency level will need to sit for our English Placement Tests.
Students who go through Recruitment Agents and are in their country of origin are required to sit for 2 English Placement Tests (EPT). The first provisional EPT will be conducted at the Recruitment Agent’s Office and a Second EPT will be conducted at LSBF premise after the student has arrived in Singapore. The latter test will determine the final level of English that the student needs to attend.
Students who did not go through Recruitment Agents are able to sit for the EPT at LSBF premise since they are in Singapore.
Education Consultants / Business Development Managers will submit all documents to the Admissions department for evaluation of the application. Upon successful acceptance into the programme, LSBF will issue a Conditional Letter of Offer together with the Acceptance of Offer Form.
Education Consultants / Business Development Managers / LSBF's approved Recruitment Agents will inform International Students that their application has been successful. At this point, International students will need to sign and return the Acceptance of Offer Letter Form and provide the supporting documents listed below:
- Signed Acceptance Letter of Offer Form
- Proof of financial ability in the form of bank statements/fixed deposit accounts/savings accounts (applicable for visa required countries International students)
- Parent’s and/or Spouse’s employment letter with details such as date of commencement/duration of employment, designation and salary amount/month (applicable for visa required countries International students)
- Student’s employment letter with details such as date of commencement/duration of employment, designation and salary amount/month (applicable for visa required countries International students)
- Parents’ marriage certificate (applicable if student’s birth certificate does not state both parent’s name)
- Student’s marriage certificate (If applicable)
Education Consultants / Business Development Managers / LSBF’s approved Recruitment Agents will explain to International Students the contents of the Student Contract and Advisory Note and inform them of any additional documents that may be required.
Upon receipt of the signed Acceptance of Offer Letter and Application fee, LSBF will proceed to submit the Student Pass application via Singapore ICA Student OnLine Application & Registration+ (SOLAR+) system.
In general, processing time for a NEW Student Pass application is about 2 weeks - 4 weeks. Processing time for International Students transferring their student pass from other PEIs is about 2 weeks to process. Some applications may however take a longer time to process.
LSBF does not guarantee any successful approval of the Student Pass application. For more information on Student Pass application, please refer to www.ica.gov.sg.
Upon approval of the Student Pass application, International Students will be informed of the result via email from their Education Consultants / Business Development Managers / LSBF's approved Recruitment Agents. They will need to:
- Sign 2 original copies of the Advisory Note and Student contract
- Sit for the English Placement Test conducted at LSBF upon their arrival in Singapore (if applicable)
- Make payments for the course fee (No payments are to be made if International Students have not signed the Student Contract and Advisory Note)
- Complete the formalities before collection of Student Pass in person at the ICA
Payment of fees should be made in Singapore dollars via the following modes of payment:
- Cashier's order
- Debit/Credit Cards
- Singapore Cheques
- Bank Draft
- Telegraphic Transfer* (Bank charges to be borne by students)
*For telegraphic transfer, International Students are to indicate reference to the student’s name and/or London School of Business & Finance student’s identity number as stated on the Letter of Offer (S1xxxxxx) and provide a copy of the remittance advice to the respective Education Consultants / Business Development Managers / LSBF’s approved Recruitment Agents for tracking purpose. All fees are payable to London School of Business & Finance Pte Ltd except for the issuance fee and multiple-entry visa fee which are payable to ICA during completion of formality to collect the Student Pass.
Upon payments from International Students, LSBF will issue a receipt.
LSBF will also put in place the FPS Insurance for International Students to protect the fees paid to the School. This FPS Insurance is applicable for all students regardless of their nationalities.