ACCA ATX Advanced Taxation (formerly P6)
Build your knowledge of advanced taxation practices with ACCA Advanced Taxation. Throughout this paper you will learn about the impact of major taxes on the financial operations of a business. You will also develop your understanding of how to minimise and defer tax liabilities and how to communicate the impact of taxation to clients and other professionals.
The paper-based exam is made up of two sections:
- Section A: This contains two compulsory case study questions.
- Section B: This section consists of two 20-mark questions covering both business and personal tax issues.
The syllabus for the ACCA Advanced Taxation paper is made up of four sections:
Knowledge and understanding of the UK tax system through the study of more advanced topics within the taxes studied previously and the study of stamp taxes: This section will cover Income Tax, Capital Gains Tax, Inheritance Tax, Corporation Tax, Stamp Duty and Value Added Tax as well as tax administration and the UK tax system.
The impact of relevant taxes on various situations and courses of action, including the interaction of taxes: You will assess the impact of relevant taxes on a business situation whilst also analysing the tax advantages and disadvantages of a certain course of action.
Minimising and/or deferring tax liabilities by the use of standard tax planning measures: You will build your understanding of types of investment and other expenditure that can help to reduce tax liabilities whilst also assessing the appropriateness of such an investment based on a taxpayer’s individual circumstances.
Communicating with clients, HMRC and other professionals: You will develop techniques for communicating advice, recommendations and information to a range of audiences regarding standard tax practices.
Daytime sessions run between 9.45am-1.15pm.
Afternoon sessions run between 2.00pm-5.30pm.
Evening sessions run between 6.45pm-10.15pm.
You can study on-campus or through LSBF Singapore’s online platform. We provide you with the flexibility you need!
By the time you have completed the ACCA AT you will be able to:
- Apply your knowledge of the UK taxation system to relevant business situations
- Identify and assess the impact of specific taxes on various situations
- Provide advice on how to minimise and defer tax liabilities according to standard tax planning measures
- Communicate with different audiences such as clients, HMRC and other professionals in relation to taxation systems
Request More Information
Contact a programme advisor by calling
+65 6580 7700