Internet Open Source Investigation
A 2-day course on covert desk top investigation and due diligence using Internet tools
To provide delegates with the capability and opportunity to conduct organised and effective on-line searches, which will demonstrate how to maximise the potential of all available sources of information on the Internet.
This course is suitable as an introduction to internet / e-discovery investigation and relevant to all organisations and individuals involved in gathering intelligence & information for enforcement purposes via the Internet.
Seminar, class participation, printed materials, supplementary readings, and case studies.
A certificate of attendance will be issued to participants who successfully attended and completed the course.
To equip professionals with the skills to identify and monitor activity on the internet.
- Effectively use search engines to conduct searches
- Search social networking sites, forums and blogs for intelligence
- Basic internet security and safety
- Explain and utilise a variety of open sources
- Research telephone numbers, addresses and individuals using various methods
- Research companies and business to obtain specific information
- Methods to identify website ownership and traceability
- Monitor websites and keywords of special interest
- Effectively evaluate open sources
- Implement ongoing internet monitoring systems
- Apply lateral thinking techniques to validate appropriate information
- Develop efficient and focused strategies for the collection of data
- Employ techniques to avoid compromising a your company or an investigation
Request More Information
Contact a programme advisor by calling
+65 6580 7700