This is an interactive and hands on workshop that progresses through the various aspects, facilities and processes under trade finance. All key areas of trade finance are covered taking in collections, documents, letters of credit, guarantees and the ICC standards under this area of finance.
There are various definitions to be found online as to what trade finance is, and the choice of words used is interesting. It is described both as a ‘science’ and as ‘an imprecise term covering a number of different activities’. As is the nature of these things, both are accurate. In one form it is quite a precise science managing the capital required for international trade to flow. Yet within this science there are a wide range of tools at the financiers’ disposal, all of which determine how cash, credit, investments and other assets can be utilised for trade.
This workshop is designed for bankers and account managers currently working in the trade finance area and sales teams looking at how to apply banking instruments into corporate finance sector.
Seminar, class participation, printed materials, supplementary readings, and case studies.
A certificate of attendance will be issued to participants who successfully attended and completed the course.
Upon completion of the workshop, participants would be able to:
- Gain insight into the risks under trade finance and how they can be transferred using different trade finance facilities
- Look at new trends that businesses are exploring to finance the working capital their businesses
- The workshop is jammed packed full of practical examples
- Huge amounts of course material handed over in hard and soft formats
- Learn how to build structured solutions to resolve Net Trade Cycle constraints and problems
- Learn about the entire process under trade finance and how it can be monitored
- Compare different trade finance instruments to identify the unique features within various facilities
- Progress through ICC rules and understand how they are applied to different trade situations
- Look at new trade instruments and technology banks are starting to sell and why
Risk in Trade and Collections
- Global Trends in Trade
- The Risks in Trade Finance
- Documents for Collections
- Payment Systems
- Designing Trade Methods
- Remittance Methods
- Evolving beyond DC
Financing Trade & Supply Chains
- Letters of Credit
- Letters of Credit Variations
- Net Trade Cycles
- Receivables Finance
- Instrument Comparison
- Supply Chain Financing
Regulations, Agencies & Guarantees
- Guarantees & Trade
- UCP 600 & Incoterms
- Agency Back Agreements
- Trade Exceptions
- Case Study
- Technology in trade finance
- Islamic Trade Finance
Request More Information
Contact a programme advisor by calling
+65 6580 7700