Foundation Diploma in Infocomm Technology
The Foundation Diploma in Infocomm Technology (FDICT) allows for a career in a wide range of industries, and/or for students aiming for a Higher Education qualification in a subject area allied to Infocomm Technology. This Foundation Diploma may lead to employment in a role requiring some personal responsibility but within a mainly supervised context. Students are encouraged to bring their own laptops for practicing laboratory practical exercises.
- Duration: 6 months (full-time), 9 months (part-time)
- Intake dates: Start in January, March, May, July, September, November (full-time); January, April, July, October (part-time)
- Delivery Mode:
- Live Online
- On campus
- Fees: SGD $3,500 (local students), SGD $5,000 (international students)
The aim of the Foundation Diploma in Infocomm Technology (FDICT) programme is to prepare students in creative and computational thinking, study, writing, communication, and numeracy skills. FDICT provides a strong foundation in programming and IT fundamentals. Students can make an informed choice in selecting from five (5) Infocomm Technology (ICT) specializations such as:
i. Information Technology (IT)
ii. Computer Science
iii. Data Analytics, Data Science and Analytics
iv. Cybersecurity, Cybersecurity and Networks
v. Information Security and Digital Forensics
FDICT aims to give students the best possible preparation to commence a career in one of a wide range of industries and prepare students for further study. Graduates of the course will be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of the basic underlying academic concepts and principles associated with the broader discipline of Infocomm Technology.
The aims to provide students with:
- The eligibility to progress into the Diploma programme.
- An understanding of basic theories and concepts of the subject area, and the ability to communicate these accurately to a range of peers.
- Gain skills that can be used in a wide range of situations and contexts.
Whilst the Foundation Diploma in Infocomm Technology may be a first step towards obtaining the Diploma in a choice of interested discipline, holders of the Foundation Diploma will be equipped to enter employment in a role requiring some personal responsibility but within a mainly supervised context.
Graduates of the Foundation Diploma in Infocomm Technology (FDICT) should be able to understand and apply, within the employment context, basic theories, and concepts.
Upon successful completion of this FDICT programme, students should be able to:
- Discover an area of interest in ICT providing students with an academic bridge into higher education.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills when working in groups or leading teams.
- Professionally communicate and present proposals, findings, and results.
- Possess the necessary personal qualities and technical skills to progress to higher-level studies.
In addition, holders of the Foundation Diploma in Infocomm Technology should have developed the qualities and transferable skills necessary for employment requiring the exercise of some personal responsibility.
International Students: 90%
Local, PR, non-student pass: 75%
Students must take and satisfactorily complete six modules to be awarded the LSBF Foundation Diploma in Infocomm Technology. All students must complete all modules.
Assessment methods may vary according to individual module requirements and each module is assessed by:
- Formative and Summative Assessments
- Any combination of class participation, group or individual applied assignments, tests or online quizzes, portfolio, practical examinations, and written examinations
40:1 for Lecture/classroom/Seminar
24:1 for Computer Lab
a. Minimum Academic Entry Requirement
Local students shall possess one of the following:
- At least two passes in GCE ‘O’ Level
- NITEC or Higher NITEC
International Students shall possess one of the following:
- Completion of Year 10 middle-high school qualification or equivalent qualification from respective home countries
b. Minimum English Language Entry Requirement
Both local and international students MUST fulfill the minimum English language entry requirement of one of the following (except Mandarin programmes):
- Achieved grade D7 or better in the English language in the GCE 'O' level
- Passed in the English Language in Year 10 High School qualification or equivalent
- Achieved IELTS 5.0/TOEFL 500
- Completed LSBF Preparatory Course in English Intermediate Level
- Successfully pass LSBF English Placement Test
Students with non-standard entry requirements will be assessed on a case-by-case basis subject to approval of the Academic Board.
c. Minimum Age
17 years or above
IT in Business
This course introduces students to the basic concepts and developmentsExpand
Introduction to Statistics for Business
This course introduces the basic concept of quantitative approachesExpand
Communication for Project Effectiveness
The aim of this module is to help students develop their communicationExpand
Discovering Business & Enterprise
The aim of this module is to provide students with an introductionExpand
in information systems. Areas of study include information system concepts, information systems development, and the use of technology in organizations.
to decision making.
skills, developing skills that will be useful for future studies.
to the principles and practices of management.
Paradigms of Programming
The aim of this module is to provide students with an introduction to coding practices for webpage design, style sheet programming language, and text-based programming for writing simple programming codes.Expand
Principles of Cybersecurity
This module introduces students to the fundamental concepts of cyber security to detect and report cyber and data-related incidents, classify affected systems and user groups, trigger alerts and announcements to relevant stakeholders, andExpand
efficient decisions of the condition.
Request More Information
Contact a programme advisor by calling
+65 6580 7700