Certificate in Business (Full-Time, Mandarin)
The Certificate in Business has been developed to provide an initial qualification for students aiming to embark on a career in one of wide range of business/industries, and for students who are seeking to further their education in the fields associated with Management. One important feature of this programme is that it has been designed for students whose first language is Chinese, or who have proof of proficiency in the language.
In today’s workplace context, whether it is a manufacturing or service sector, understanding business is a main component of success in today’s business world. In order to run a business of any size effectively and smoothly, it is fundamental to gain knowledge managing businesses and its operations.
The aim of the Certificate in Business Studies is to provide students with the technical know-how, analytical thinking and problem-solving skills and various business skills essential for a successful career in the business world. The Certificate in Business aims to provide students with:
- Knowledge of the fundamental theories and concepts of business
- A pathway for further studies
- Gain skills that can be applied in a range of situations and contexts
Foreign students who have the intention to further their study in Certificate level in Singapore, and who wish to develop a bilingual languages skill, competency and knowledge, to fulfil their future career development in a business context.
The entry requirements for this programme are:
- Minimum 16 years old and;
- Proven evidence of having completed at least 9 years of education;
- Chinese language proficiency equivalent to Year 9
Full time: Every 6 weeks
Find out more about the modules here
- The Fundamental Theories of Management
- Basic Understanding of Information Technology
- The Fundamentals of Mathematics
- Understanding E-Commerce
- The Principles of Logistics
- Business Statistics
Students must take and successfully complete all eight modules to be awarded the LSBF Certificate in Business (Chinese). Students must complete all modules, students who fail to do so will be given a statement of results.
Students must achieve an overall passing grade of 50%. If students fail to achieve an overall passing grade, they will be permitted to retake based on the directions given by the examination board.
The assessment of each module consists of:
- Individual assignment or class test: 20%
- Class participation: 15%
- Class presentation or class test: 15%
- Examination: 50%
- Duration: 12 Months
- No. of Modules: 8
- Learning hours: Each module 36 contact hours
- Total learning hours: 8 x 36 hours = 288 hours
S$12,980 (inclusive of GST)
Lectures, case studies and exercises, class discussion,Presentations
University of Southern Queensland, (USQ), recognizes and acknowledges programmes taught at London School of Business & Finance (LSBF) in Singapore.
View the articulation here
- Teacher Student Ratio 1 : 60