Diploma in International Hospitality Management (Mandarin)(Full-time)
The Diploma in International Hospitality Management is developed by London School of Business and Finance (LSBF) as a first-year course towards a progression route for students aiming for a higher qualification in the field of hospitality management. Students have to attend a course of study of not less than 264 guided learning hours and may be selected to undergo on-the-Job Training of 6 months in an established hospitality establishment in Singapore. Failing which, students will prepare and submit a written project within 3 months.
Throughout the course, students are fully supported and their development checked frequently by progress assessments. Student performance and satisfaction is monitored to ensure that the course meets students’ academic and personal development needs; and industry contacts ensure that the programme is relevant and suitable for the demands of a career in hospitality management.
The Diploma in International Hospitality Management awarded by LSBF aim to focus on the latest development in the hospitality industry. It will help the students to identify and understand the techniques and theory implied in the hospitality environment. Students are given emphasis on developing professional hotel competencies such as effective communication skills, good customer service skills, leadership, team work and other relevant professionalism topics related to the industry.
A hospitality course is not entirely complete without the On-the-Job-Training (OJT). Therefore our philosophy is to integrate classroom studies with supervised practical work experience directly related to academic and career goals. This programme aims to:
- To evaluate and understand the importance of the hospitality industry’s nature.
- To develop the professional skills that is acquired in the hospitality industry.
- To enable students to make managerial level decision making and problem solving in achieving good customer service.
- To always keep up to date on the industries technology advancement.
- To motivate students to continue their higher education in the hospitality industry.
Each module is equivalent to 15 credit points for a total of 120 credit points plus Industrial attachment
Full Time: Every 2 Months
The entry requirements for this programme are:
- Two passes in GCE A Levels Examination; or
- 5 GCE 'O' levels plus work experience (min 2 years) or an additional year of study; or in Singapore-Cambridge GCE A Level Examinations; or
- Completion of equivalent high school qualification (min year 11); or
- Pass in appropriate Foundation / Certificate programme; or
- Other similar qualifications; or
- Mature Entry Route (MER) minimum age of 21 plus work experience (2 years min) will be assessed on a case-by-case basis
Minimum Language Reguirement:
- Students must have achieved a grade D7 or better in Chinese language O level, or
- Equivalent qualification i.e Year 10 Chinese language qualification
Students who have other Hospitality related qualifications, will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Lectures, case studies and exercises, class discussion, role play, Presentations
Find out more about the modules here
- Introduction to Hospitality and Tourism
- Front Office Operations
- Food and Beverage Operations
- Food Sanitation, Safety and Health
- Hospitality Accounting
- Customer Service
- Organizational Behaviour in Hospitality Industry
Face to face delivery using a wide-range of teaching modes such as lectures, tutorials, simulations, role-plays, etc.
Industrial Attachment is part of students’ educational development. This enables theoretical learning in the classroom to be applied to practical learning situations and encourages application of theory and knowledge in appropriate context. Where students are unable to undertake an Industrial Attachment they will be offered the option of a written Project. Industrial Attachment applies to all full-time STP holders.
To be eligible for Industrial Attachment a student must have passed a minimum of 4 modules.
Students who commence an Industrial Attachment placement cannot subsequently opt to complete the Diploma with a Project. Students who commence an Industrial Attachment and subsequently fail to compete this will be awarded a Certificate in International Hospitality Management.
Students who opt to source their own Industrial Attachment and who subsequently fail to secure this will be award a Certificate.
To achieve a pass grade in this module, students must obtain an overall mark of at least 40%.
Examinations: Examinations will take the form of essay question papers and/or multiple choice question papers.
Industrial Attachment Programme: It is compulsory that students have to undertake Industrial Attachment as part of students’ educational development. This enables theoretical learning in the classroom to be applied to practical learning situations and encourages application of theory and knowledge in appropriate context.
- Full Time:
- Duration: 8 Months
- Internship program: 6 Months*
- Learning hours: Each module 33 contact hours (9 + 2 sessions of 3 hrs each 11x3)
- Total learning hours: 133 hours
*In unforeseen circumstances where student fails to obtain an IA, student will undertake a 3 months written project.
- Full-Time: Every 2 Months/Modular
- STP holders: 90%
- Non-STP holders: 75%
University of Southern Queensland, (USQ), recognizes and acknowledges programmes taught at London School of Business & Finance (LSBF) in Singapore.
Northwood University recognizes and acknowledges programmes taught at London School of Business & Finance (LSBF) in Singapore.
View here for more information about the Northwood University advanced standing.
1 Teacher: 60 Students
Local Student: $6000
International Student: $7,500
All students are required to pass all the modules in this course.
Where students are unable to complete the course, they may be given the option of an Exit Award if they meet the following criteria:
- Passed 4 modules
In such cases, the students will be awarded the following:
Certificate in International Hospitality Management