Advanced Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management (Mandarin)
The Advanced Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management is developed by London School of Business and Finance (LSBF) as a second-year course towards a progression route for students aiming for a higher qualification in the field of hospitality and tourism management.
Throughout the course, students are fully supported and their developments are checked frequently by progress assessments. Student performance and satisfaction is monitored to ensure that the course meets students’ academic and personal development needs; and industry contacts ensure that the programme is relevant and suitable for the demands of a career in hospitality and tourism management.
The Advanced Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management awarded by LSBF aim to focus on the latest development in the hospitality and tourism industry. It will help the students to identify and understand the techniques and theory implied in the hospitality and tourism environment. Students are given emphasis on developing professional hotel competencies such as effective communication skills, good customer service skills, leadership, team work and other relevant professionalism topics related to the industry..
The Advanced Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management aims to help students to:
- To develop graduates with the necessary skills, knowledge to be immediately effective within the hospitality and tourism industry.
- To enable students to make managerial level decision making and problem solving in achieving good customer service.
- To develop in students a critical appreciation of the roles of managers within the hospitality and tourism industry.
- To develop problem-solving skills, improve their ability to communicate and operate effectively as individuals within the hospitality and tourism organisation and as part of a team.
At the end of this programme, students are expected to develop a range of specific and generic skills, covering the following fields:
- Management within the Hospitality and Tourism Industry
- Marketing related to Travel and Hospitality
- Food and Beverage
- Issues relating to the Industry
Students who have the intention to further their study in Hospitality/Tourism at an Advanced Diploma level in Singapore, and developing a bilingual languages skill, competency and knowledge, to fulfil their future career development within the sector.
Lectures, case studies and exercises, class discussion, role play
The entry requirements for this programme are:
- Aged 18 years old and above and;
- Completion of Diploma in International Hospitality Management (or equivalent programme); or
- Vocational Diploma in relevant field of study; or other equivalent qualifications
- Students must have achieved a grade C6 or better in Chineselanguage O level, or the equivalent of Year 11.
Full Time: Every 2 Months
Find out more about the modules here
- Facilities and Maintenance Management
- Food and Beverage Management
- Human Resource Management
- Meetings, Incentives, Conventions and Events
- Marketing in Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Issues in Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Resort Management*
- Niche and Speciality Tourism*
*Students will have the option to take Resort Management and Niche and Speciality Tourism. (3 months) or take up a 6 months Industrial Attachment. Where students joining the programme have not previously taken up an Industrial Attachment they would be required to take this option.
Students must take and successfully complete all eight modules (or six and the Industrial Attachment) to be awarded the LSBF Advanced Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management. Students who fail to do so will be given a statement of results.
Students must achieve an overall passing grade of 40%. If students fail to achieve an overall passing grade, they will be permitted to retake based on the directions given by the examination board.
The assessment of each module consists of:
- Individual assignment or class test: 50%
- Examination: 50%
- Duration: 6 Months (12 Months with Industrial Attachment)
- Learning Hours: 42 hours per module
The course duration for full-time is 6 months, for students who go on IA, the duration is 6 months + 6 months IA and the students who fail to obtain placement on IA, the course duration is 6 months + 3 months additional course work.
- STP holders: 90%
- Non-STP holders: 75%
University of Southern Queensland, (USQ), recognizes and acknowledges programmes taught at London School of Business & Finance (LSBF) in Singapore.
Northwood University recognizes and acknowledges programmes taught at London School of Business & Finance (LSBF) in Singapore.
View here for more information about the Northwood University advanced standing.
1 Teacher: 60 Students
Local Student: $7000
International Student: $8500
Upon completion of this programme, students will be awarded ‘Advanced Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management’ and may progress to a Degree Programme.