Higher Diploma in International Business (Full-Time, Mandarin)
The Higher Diploma in International Business has been developed to provide a qualification for students aiming to embark on a career in one of wide range of business/industries, and for students who are seeking to further their education in the fields associated with Management. One important feature of this programme is that it has been designed for students whose first language is Chinese, or who have proof of proficiency in the language. One important feature of this programme is that it has been designed for students whose first language is Chinese, or who have proof of proficiency in the language.
The aim of the Higher Diploma in International Business is to provide students an in-depth understanding, the theories of international business subjects relevant to various industries in the commercial/business context. The course focuses on developing the business and operational knowledge to equip the students the basic operational skills and competence in the global business world. This programme aims to provide students with:
- The ability to present, evaluate and interpret qualitative and quantitative data.
- The ability to develop lines of argument and make sound judgements in accordance with basic theories and concepts of their subject area, and the ability to communicate these accurately to a range of peers.
- The ability to apply underlying concepts and principles of business and management in an employment context.
- An understanding of the limits of their knowledge, and how this influences analyses and interpretations based on that knowledge.
- A range of personal and professional skills that can be used in a wide range of situations and contexts.
- Support and guidance to develop as independent learners and acquire a range of transferrable skills.
At the end of this programme, students are expected to develop a range of specific and generic skills, covering the following fields:
- Management and Leadership
Full time: Every 6 weeks
Foreign students who have the intention to further their study in Business in Higher Diploma level in Singapore, and developing a bilingual languages skill, competency and knowledge, to fulfil their future career development in an international business context.
The entry requirements for this programme are:
- Aged 17 years old and above and
- Proven evidence of having completed at least 11 years of education or;
- Have completed 2nd years of High School/vocational middle school or,
- Have completed and obtained the Certificate/foundation course or equivalent.
- Language Proficiency in Chinese equivalent to Year 11
Find out more about the modules here
- The Principles of Management
- Quantitative Methods
- Business Accounting
- Business Economics
- Human Resource Management
- Customer Service Management
- Financial Management
- Marketing Management
- Corporate Strategic Management
- Business Communication
- Project Management
- Electronic Commerce
- Global Business Development
- International Marketing Strategy
Face to face delivery using a wide-range of teaching modes such as lectures, tutorials, simulations, role-plays, etc.
Students must take and successfully complete all sixteen modules to be awarded the LSBF Higher Diploma in International Business (Chinese). Students must complete all modules, students who fail to do so will be given a statement of results.
Students must achieve an overall passing grade of 50%. If students fail to achieve an overall passing grade, they will be permitted to retake based on the directions given by the examination board.
The assessment of each module consists of:
- Individual assignment or class test: 20%
- Class Participation: 15%
- Class Presentation or class test: 15%
- Examination: 50%
Quantitative Methods and Project Management assessment consists of:
- Assignment/Class test: 50%
- Examination: 50% (3 hours)
- Duration: 24 Months
- No. of Modules: 16
- Learning hours: Each module 36 contact hours
- Total learning hours: 16 x 36 hours = 576 hours
Lectures, case studies and exercises, class discussion,Presentations
University of Southern Queensland, (USQ), recognizes and acknowledges programmes taught at London School of Business & Finance (LSBF) in Singapore.
View the articulation here
- Teacher : Student Ratio 1 : 60