ACCA/Oxford Brookes University
BSc (Hons) in Applied Accounting - Mentorship Programme
LSBF in Singapore is proud to offer mentorship for ACCA/Oxford Brookes University BSc (Hons) in Applied Accounting programme. Students studying for the Preparatory Course for ACCA now have the opportunity to obtain a degree from Oxford Brookes University, a recognised and highly respected UK University. Jointly designed by the ACCA and the Oxford Brookes University, this degree enables ACCA students to obtain a BSc (Hons) in Applied Accounting, upon successful completion of the ACCA Fundamental Level examinations.
The Oxford Brookes University BSc (Hons) in Applied Accounting aims to enhance and extend the knowledge and skills gained by ACCA students in their professional studies. It also aims to help students become more effective as professional accountancy students and/or practitioners.
This collaboration offers ACCA students the opportunity to:
- Gain a prestigious award &‐ demonstrating students’ academic achievement
- Be exposed to the regiments of writing a research report, providing a foundation for thesis report writing for future academic pursuits
- Explore further academic/professional development to the next level (i.e. Masters education)
The Oxford Brookes University requires the Research and Analysis project to be divided into 3 phases of mentor meetings.
|Stage||JAN 2017 INTAKE|
Date: 21 Jan 2017 (Sat)
Time: 10.00 am - 1.00 pm
Venue: GB Building 13th Floor Room 2&3
Meeting with Mentors
|Date: 22 Jan 2017 to 15 May 2017|
Presentation to Mentors
Upon completion of all 3 stages
Should students require a deferment in their project submission due to a valid reason, please email to programmemanagement@LSBF.edu.sg for more information. Deferment application is subject to approval. Upon approval, an administrative fee will apply. Only one deferment will be allowed.
Students will receive the OBU Information Pack.
Students are required to submit a 6,500 word Research and Analysis Project and a 2,000 word Skills and Learning Statement to Oxford Brookes University.
Submissions will be assessed by the Oxford Brookes University Business School in May and November.
The Certificate is awarded by Oxford Brookes University.
Existing Students$750 (inclusive of GST)
External Students$850 (inclusive of GST)
- Successfully complete the ACCA Fundamental Level examinations F1 to F9 and complete the Professional Ethics module
- Opt in for the BSc degree scheme before attempting Papers F7, F8 & F9
If you possess any of the English language qualification below, you are deemed to have satisfied ACCA’s English language requirement for the BSc degree scheme
- Paper based exam – 500
- Computer based exam – 173
- Internet based test – 79
- IELTS 6.0
- Completed and passed the CAT Advanced Level exam papers
- Completed and passed the Paper F4 Corporate & Business Law prior to attempting Papers F7, F8 & F9
For a full listing of English language qualifications and more information on eligibility, please refer to the respective sections.