Preparatory Course for ACCA - Foundations Certificate in Taxation (FTX)
The Foundations Certificate in Taxation paper introduces candidates to the subject of taxation and provides the core knowledge of the underlying principles and the major technical areas of taxation, as they affect the activities of individuals and businesses, at a level appropriate for someone working at technician level.
- At least 16 years old
- IELTS 5.5 or pass in English language at GCE ‘O’ level or its equivalent
- Mature student entry – over 21 years old with minimum of 1 year working experience
- Completion of the Intermediate Certificate in Financial and Management Accounting will be accepted as fulfilling minimum entry
The Certificate is suitable for those aspiring to work or already working in:
- A junior accounts clerk/junior book keeper role in an SME.
- Range of junior auditing administration roles within an auditing department of a larger organisation or financial shared service centre.
- Audit assistant, tax assistant, budget personnel
On successful completing of this paper, a candidate should be able to:
- Explain the basic operation and scope of the Singapore tax system
- Prepare adjusted profit / loss computations for trades and professions
- Compute the income tax liability of individuals, and prepare the income tax return
- Compute the corporation tax liability of a company and prepare the corporate income tax return
- Explain and compute the effects of Goods and Services Tax (GST) tax on incorporated and unincorporated businesses and prepare returns
- Describe credit management methods and procedures
Part/Full time: 6 Months
For June examination:
January,and May (revision) annually
For December examination:
July,and November (revision) annually
Students will be given a mock test per paper during course of study, as well as regular homework assignments and in-class exercises.
The programme is delivered via lectures, simulations and directed independent study.
The Certificate is awarded by ACCA.