Preparatory Course for ACCA - Introductory Certificate in Financial and Management Accounting
The Introductory Certificate is the first step in ACCA’s Foundations in Accountancy suite of qualifications. This suite of qualifications provides multiple entry routes to accountancy exams, allowing students with minimal qualifications an opportunity to be tested at an introductory level and be rewarded with an Introductory Certificate in Financial and Management Accounting (Papers FA1 & MA1).
- 16 years old
- IELTS 4.5 or pass in English language at GCE ‘N’ level or its equivalent
To achieve the Introductory Certificate in Financial and Management Accounting you will need to register as a student in Foundations in Accountancy with ACCA and complete:
- Two exams: Recording Financial Transactions (FA1) and Management Information (MA1)
- A professionalism and ethics module called Foundation in Professionalism
Part time: 3 Months
Full time: 3 Months
For June examination:
January and April (revision) annually
For December examination:
July and October (revision) annually
You will be given a mock test per paper during course of study, as well as regular homework assignments and in-class exercises.
The programme is delivered via lectures, simulations and directed independent study.
The Certificate is awarded by ACCA.
*Students should note that some FIA papers may have a lower student-teacher ratio.
Suitable for those aspiring to work or are already working in:
- A junior accounts clerk/junior bookkeeper role in an SME
- Range of junior accounting administration roles within an accounting department of a larger organisation or financial shared service centre