Effective Budget & Control
Improve performance through effective management and control of your budgets
To ensure effective financial management of a department or even an entire organisation, there is a need to understand the main concepts and methodology surrounding cost management and budgeting.
An effective budget not only provides a forecast of the organization’s income and expenditure, but also acts as a measurement of the actual financial operations of the business against the forecast.
This course is designed to help participants identify various types of budgets. It will also guide participants how to plan and prepare budgets and to implement an effective budget control system.
By attending this 2-day course, you will be better able to:
- Understand the purpose and flow of creating a budget
- Create various types of budget and implement budgetary control
- Gain insights of cost behaviour
Unique Features of this training course:
- Use of real life case studies to understand, prepare an effective budget
- Limited class size to ensure one to one interaction
- Managers who are involved in the budgeting, planning and controlling of their department’s budget
- Those who wish to review or learn concepts used to budget and control operations
This course will help participants to:
- Appreciate the importance of the budgeting process and hence take ownership of it
- Use it as a daily working tool – not an annual exercise – to help run their part of the operation
- Improve their reporting and delivery against budget
- Purpose of a budget
- Stages of budget development
- The budget flow
- Advantages and limitation of budget
- Master budget template
- Preparing the different types of budget
- Sales budget
- Cost of sales budget
- Departmental budget
- Cash budget
- Purpose & function of a control system
- Pro-active versus re-action control system
|5.00pm||End of course for Day 1|
End of course
Seminar, class participation, printed materials, supplementary readings, and case studies.
A certificate of attendance will be issued to participants who successfully attended and completed the course.
$749.00 (incl GST)