HR for Non-HR Managers
As a manager or supervisor today, you are expected to deal with certain aspects of human resource management. You may be asked to take part in developing job descriptions, take part in interviews, or take responsibility for discipline.
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Identify current issues in the human resource field and the changing role of supervisors and managers in terms of HR functions
- Write job specifications and identify core competencies
- Apply methods of finding, selecting, and keeping the best people using behavioral description interviewing techniques
- Get new employees off to a good start
- Understand compensation and benefits
- Maintain healthy employee relations
- Make performance appraisals a cooperative process
This two-day workshop will walk you through the hiring process, from performing a skills inventory to conducting the interview. Thereafter, you will discuss your role in the onboarding and orientation process as well as delve into challenges and issues that arise after the hiring – such as diversity issues, compensation, and discipline.
Any manager, supervisor directly managing a team and who need or want to play an active role in relevant HR processes.
2 days, 10am to 5.30pm / 12 hours
Hand-outs and recommended text
A certificate of attendance will be issued to participants who have attended and completed the programme.